Child transforms and rotates without parent

I’m creating a subway surfer style game where the character is constantly moving forward. I have a run in place animation from mixamo.com so that the character looks like it is running when it is moving forward. Recently, I added a roll animation that plays when the “s” key is pressed that plays and then after it is done, resumes the running animation. However, when I trigger the roll animation too many times the character starts to rotate towards the left and transform to the left. The thing is the running character is attached to a normal cylinder object that has all the code on it. The running character transforms and rotates, but the parent (cylinder) keeps going along its path. I was thinking that a possible fix to the rotation and transforming is keeping the character in line with the parent. If there is any other solution, I would be glad to hear them too. Thanks!

I see a few things you could try @erwang_unity

• If what you want is to reposition the child to the parent location, you can just put its transform equal to the parent transform after each animation.
  • If the issue is the character moving slightly to the side, you might want to put some Constraints on your Rigidbody (e.g. Freeze Position x and z will lock them to not move with gravity).
  • Reposition all your code to the parent, the setup of my character is Player (parent) > Model (child) with the Model only containing an Animator (which is called in the Player).

Hope this helps! If you know anything about UI and/or dragging please look at my question: Detect UI under mouse during drag - Questions & Answers - Unity Discussions