Cloud Code and Firebase

Hello!

Is it possible to use Cloud Code with Firebase. For example, to insert a document into Firestore?

Thanks in aadvance

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to do this right now.

We have plans to open up the connections that will allow you to connect to your own servers/ 3rd party tools which might allow you to access firebase but it will depend on their authorization and if they allow outside connections.

This may not happen in the short term but when this becomes available I will let you know

1 Like

[quote=“Unity_AndyP”, post:2, topic: 876758]
Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to do this right now.

We have plans to open up the connections that will allow you to connect to your own servers/ 3rd party tools which might allow you to access firebase but it will depend on their authorization and if they allow outside connections.

This may not happen in the short term but when this becomes available I will let you know
[/quote]

Thanks for the answer

As this might be related, is there any way to call a Cloud Code Javascript request outside of Unity? I havent found any documentation around doing so.

Hi babbel-ford, good question! This is something we're working on.

There are two things that keep you from doing this today:
1. The player will have to be authenticated so the request will need to originate from the device.
2. We only have the Unity package today, there is no other way to interact with Cloud Code.

Both of these we're aware of and are actively working on overcoming.

Do you have an example on what you would be using it for? This way we can make sure that our plans actually help solving your issue. Also I would love to speak to you on this topic in more depth. Maybe we could set up a call to speak "in person"?