CloudCode Authoring - Editor / CLI updates

Unity Cloud - Authoring from Editor & CLI update discussion thread.

You can use this thread to ask for help, share feedback and have discussions about the latest updates to the deployment supported packages!

9476434--1332235--upload_2023-11-16_16-13-49.png

CloudCode Specific Updates

• CloudCode Modules (C#) can now be deployed from both Editor and CLI
  • C# Solutions (.sln) can be deployed from the CLI if they have a publishing profile
  • Deploy-ready solutions can be created from the CLI and Editor

• From the CLI, run ugs cc m new-file module mydir

• From the Editor, right-click in ProjectWindow > Create > CloudCode C# Module Reference

• Right-click on the asset in the Deployment Window, then hit Generate Solution

• The compilation and zipping are handled by the tooling

• Requires a dotnet installation

Requirements

Feedback

At Unity, we put the Users First so your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Please share your feedback in this thread so that we can continue improving our tools for you!

How to report bugs

Ideally we'd like any bugs reported through the built in bug reporter tool, as that will automatically provide us with some relevant context.

Once you have submitted a bug report through the bug reporter, please feel free to start a discussion about it in this thread.

Thank you for your interest, we're looking forward to your feedback!

2 Likes

Hello, I created and deployed a module using DOTNET 8.0, but when I tried to run it, I encountered a 500 server error and it didn't work.

Recently, I created a solution using the command "ugs cc m new-file module mydir", and it prompted me to install DOTNET 5.0. After installing this version and deploying it, everything works well.

Do I need to use DOTNET version 5.0? Or could it be that the failure with DOTNET 8.0 was due to some incorrect settings on my part, regardless of the version?

Hi @mek_unity525 , the current supported version for Cloud Code module as of now is dotnet 7.0 (see: Cloud Code).

1 Like

5, 6 or 7 will work fine :slight_smile: We’re in process of shipping a new version of the CLI with a better module template which will default to 6, and have better default references as well. Personally, I recommend 6, since its the current LTS

2 Likes