Creating Tentacle particle systems

I am attempting to create a particle system which simulates random tentacles wiggling in an Ursula type of manor (Ursula the Sea Witch from The Little Mermaid) I was using a prefab particle system (Spiral_02.5.1 tentacle in Particle Ribbon by Moonflower Carnivore) as an example to work off of, yet that particle system didn’t provide a lot of context in the way of how to precisely replicate the effect.

What I am trying to do is have “tentacle hair” coming off of the head of a character, wriggling and waving as one would suppose tentacle hair would; However, I cannot get a particle system to even begin to behave as tentacles. I know it is possible since I have a prefab particle system which acts similarly to what I want, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how the creator did it. Please help me, I am at my wit’s end with this. I know it is possible and I have exhausted all of my resources on the matter.

Since all prefabs in “Particle Ribbon” don’t involve non-built-in script, to do an anatomy of the effect, you just disable/enable each particle system module. For the tentacle effect, it uses noise module to alter the positions of all particles in a consistent pattern. Keep in mind that all current prefabs of Particle Ribbon create some rather high transparency overdraw which can cause performance issue for mobile. Scheduled for Unity 2017.3, the official particle system will receive a new function to spawn truly ribbonized trail which helps reduce transparency overdraw, “Particle Ribbon” will also be updated to take advantage of this new function.