Deferred Lighting (and shadows) not working on laptop. Help!

I recently installed Unity Pro (version 4.2.1 tho this problem was happening with 4.2.0 and earlier) on my lap top (specs below) and am having a major problem with the deferred lighting in Unity. Basically no lights show up at all in the scene unless I switch the Player settings to use Direct X 11.

That makes lights show up in both Forward and Deferred rendering, but there are also no shadows in the deferred lighting rendered scene.

Another side problem I have is: I made a test scene with a box on a plane and put a directional light with shadow and the shadow disappears if I try to move the light.

Also when I play old and new builds of my game the lighting is gone (since they were built with deferred lighting). Another thing thats really weird is I noticed that real time lights aren’t working in the game Rochard (which was built with Unity), when played on my laptop - but are fine on my desktop rig. I’ve played many other (non Unity) games on my laptop and they run perfectly (Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Witcher 2, etc)

my laptop specs are:

Intel Core i7 4700MQ(2.40GHz)
12GB Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M

driver 320.49 (up to date)

I noticed this post by another person who seems to have the same problem as me (both in Unity and also in Unity created games like Slender: The Arrival). Maybe this will help illustrate my problem better.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/180439-No-Deferred-Lighting

Please help!!! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Btw here’s an image of the game Rochard running on both machines to show the problem in game.

bump