Desintergrate Enemies on Dying

I'm not sure if many of you might remember the old "The Invaders" TV series but I'm wondering if a similar disintergration effect can be given to my Alien Zombies a short period after they have been killed. Just an idea I had, don't know if I'll actually use it. It would depend on how cool the effect was plus I was thinking it would be a cool way to rid my landscape of many dead Alien Zombie bodies lying about ;)

I applied this script from the Wiki to my Zombie Alien Dead replacement:

// simple "dissolving" shader by genericuser (radware.wordpress.com)
// clips materials, using an image as guidance.
// use clouds or random noise as the slice guide for best results.
  Shader "Custom Shaders/Dissolving" {
    Properties {
      _MainTex ("Texture (RGB)", 2D) = "white" {}
      _SliceGuide ("Slice Guide (RGB)", 2D) = "white" {}
      _SliceAmount ("Slice Amount", Range(0.0, 1.0)) = 0.5
    }
    SubShader {
      Tags { "RenderType" = "Opaque" }
      Cull Off
      CGPROGRAM
      //if you're not planning on using shadows, remove "addshadow" for better performance
      #pragma surface surf Lambert addshadow
      struct Input {
          float2 uv_MainTex;
          float2 uv_SliceGuide;
          float _SliceAmount;
      };
      sampler2D _MainTex;
      sampler2D _SliceGuide;
      float _SliceAmount;
      void surf (Input IN, inout SurfaceOutput o) {
          clip(tex2D (_SliceGuide, IN.uv_SliceGuide).rgb - _SliceAmount);
          o.Albedo = tex2D (_MainTex, IN.uv_MainTex).rgb;
      }
      ENDCG
    } 
    Fallback "Diffuse"
  }

But I get this error: Assets/Misc Scripts/ZombieAlienDisolve.js(6,9): UCE0001: ';' expected. Insert a semicolon at the end.

Why? is it because this is not java script or something...?? Has anyone tried this out and if so how do I use this on one of my Alien Zombies?

I've done some nice "disintegration" in the past by setting the alpha values of my textures to some kind of cloudy noise, then I'd animate the alpha threshold from 1 to 0 and the object would sort of dematerialize. I even set it up so that when the alpha value was right on the cusp of the threshold the color value would switch to a bright yellow, so it look like burning paper.

You could try something with particles, it won't be THAT effect, but I think it would be cool.

When the enemy dies make a delay to start the particle system and making the enemy 'invisible' in mesh renderer, destroying it after.

You could make a mix: The already mentioned Particle System and texture manipulation and some kind of "Split Effect":

var parts = GameObject.FindGameObjectsWithTag ("Part");
for (var part in parts) {
  part.AddComponent ("Rigidbody");
  part.AddComponent ("SphereCollider");
  part.rigidbody.AddExplosionForce (...);
}

You have to assign the tag "Part" to the meshes you want to split.

(just an idea)

You could use the Dissolve With Texture shader from the wiki.