Detect circle collision without rigidbody

I want to detect collision2d between circles. The circles will overlap at some point and then exit to overlap with other circles. I want to be able to know when a circle is overlaping another circle and what circle he’s overlaping. Each circle have a circle Collider 2d, but I don’t want them to have any kind of rigidbody.
Should they be “is Trigger”?
Can anyone help me with this?

You need rigidbody only when you want to use physics like velocity,gravity etc. in your case you must add a rigidbody to your main circle because its going to move to random direction to collide with each other. If you want to move other objects you must add rigidbody as well because force can be provided from rigidbody(Rigidbody.velocity = new vector2(x,y)). “Is Trigger can be applied either on a player or colliding objects, triggering both player and object is not necessary”. For the collision part you can do

Void OnTriggerEnter2D(Collider2d other) //what will the circle do when it collides with other objects?//

{

if(other.tag == “small circle”) //you must add tags do your gameobjects. Tags help to recognize specific objects,for eg: here you are colliding circle with tagname “small circle”//

{

printf or debug.log (“You touched small circle”);

}

}