Detect collision without affecting physics?

I need to be able to detect collisions and get the contact point of the collision. I have tried using “isTrigger”, but it does not allow me to get the contact point of the collision, as it only deals with colliders, and not the collisions themselves. So, is there a way that I can get the contact point of a collision, without having the object actually be affected by physics (ie bouncing or skimming off a sphere)?

If you want the collision event to fire but you do not want the object to be affected by a physical reaction (i.e. bouncing or rotation), make sure freeze rotation is set on the rigidbody for x,y,and z axis. In the update function for the object you should also set collider.velocity = Vector3(0,0,0). This will ensure the rigidbody does not get a physical velocity update. Now this wont prevent two objects from not-intersecting, which is what I assume you mean by “skimming off spheres” In that case you should be able to freeze the position of your rigidbody (in the editor settings) as well since this will stop it from preventing penetration with another collider. Good luck - R