Disabling/Enabling a GameObject Before Rendering Scene

Right now I’m trying to take a screenshot within my AR game but I don’t want the GameObject to be within the screenshot. The only solution I could think of was to disable and enable the gameobject during the screen capture but Unity’s execution flow makes enabling/disabling occur after the scene has already been rendered so this causes the object to visibly disappear during the frame. Is there a way to enable/disable the gameobject prior to rendering?

Here is how I would have done it (following code not tested)

First script, simply responsible for detecting when OnPreRender and OnPostRender are called. This script must be attached to a camera :

public class RenderingCallbacksListener : MonoBehaviour
{
    private bool hasCamera = false;
    private System.Action onPreRender;
    private System.Action onPostRender;

void Start ()
    {
        if( GetComponent<Camera>() != null )
        {
            hasCamera = true;
        }
        else
        {
            Debug.LogError( "This script must be attached to a camera", gameObject );
        }
    }

/// <summary>
    /// Sets up the pre and post render actions.
    /// </summary>
    /// <param name="onPreRender">The on pre render.</param>
    /// <param name="onPostRender">The on post render.</param>
    public void SetupPreAndPostRenderActions( System.Action onPreRender, System.Action onPostRender )
    {
        if ( !hasCamera )
        {
            Debug.LogError( "This script must be attached to a camera", gameObject );
            return;
        }
        this.onPreRender = onPreRender;
        this.onPostRender = onPostRender;
    }

/// <summary>
    /// OnPostRender is called before the camera this script is attached to starts rendering the scene
    /// </summary>
    void OnPreRender()
    {
        if ( onPreRender != null )
            onPreRender();

onPreRender = null;
    }

/// <summary>
    /// OnPostRender is called after the camera this script is attached to finished rendering the scene
    /// </summary>
    void OnPostRender()
    {
        if ( onPostRender != null )
            onPostRender();

onPostRender = null;
    }
}

Then, in another script, call the SetupPreAndPostRenderActions function and provide the functions you want to be called before and after the rendering.

public RenderingCallbacksListener RenderingCallbacksListener ; // Drag & drop the gameobject with the script attached, in the inspector

void ExampleFunction()
{
    GameObject[] gameObjects = UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager.GetActiveScene().GetRootGameObjects();

RenderingCallbacksListener.SetupPreAndPostRenderActions( () => HideGameObjects( gameObjects ), () => ShowGameObjects( gameObjects ) );
}

private void HideGameObjects( GameObject[] gos )
{
    for ( int i = 0 ; i < gos.Length ; i++ )
    {
        gos*.SetActive( false );*

}
}
private void ShowGameObjects( GameObject[] gos )
{
for ( int i = 0 ; i < gos.Length ; i++ )
{
gos*.SetActive( true );*
}
}