I’m looking for any Resources or Reading Links on implementing a Web Service Layer between the Client and Database. I’ve scoured the Unity forums, which have had a wealth of information and direction on best practices and approaches, but I’m trying to find a tutorial/walkthrough on how to actually implement it full circle - from Client Request to Client Update Receipt.
My thought process was initially to roll with a SP game, serialize the Player’s save file, and if the Player manipulated the values so be it (who cares) but then I realized I wanted to have IAP’s in my game… so that forced me to think about a C → WSL → DB interface.
- Client Side - Sends methods for interacting with Server to WSL. Receives dynamic updates from Server.
- Web Service Layer - Gatekeeper
- Database (Firebase) - Storage for all Field Values (i.e. coins, resources, IAPs, etc.)
- IAP manipulation (Partial Solution: Receipt Validation, however how do I implement within this cycle?)
- User Field Value manipulation: Users changing coins, skills, and other values.
- I’m not sure what info I should have in my Unity3D code as games are not compilable and Players can easily read game code.
- I’m not sure how what needs to be in the Webservice Layer script.
- Unity recently partnered with GameSparks, a BaaS for game devs, would a WSL be needed for something like that?
- Mental-map-wise I’m not clear on the communication cycle of Client → WSL → DB → Client? (or WSL → Client?)
Threads I’ve read in their entirety (including links posted within)
Thanks in advance.