drawcalls and scene optimization

Hi.

I am about to finish my first game, it was a long and tedious year.

Currently my levels scenes are quite large. And at times I peak at 4000+ drawcalls.
This is when I look towards the deepest part of my level.
When I walk in corridors that doesn’t have much data ‘in the background’ the drawcalls are between 10 and 200

The camera has a near clipping of .1 and far of 500 ( needed for long corridors )
I used to have a 60 and more frame rate, but somehow now it’s only 15 at times.

Attached is a screenshot of the stats.
41384-drawcalls.jpg

What are common steps to lower this? If you need more info, shoot… I am not sure what to write in order for you to know whats going on.

A few things to note:
My lights can’t be baked as the user can switch them on or off.
All wall / floor planes load a random variation of the material.

I think you can use OcclusionCulling.

but its only for pro version. in free vis. you can reduce your model Ver and Tri count as much as possible. use low poly objects(reduce Ver and Tri count ) ,use same kind of texture(reduce “used texture”) for objects, parts that are not visible by camera should not be made and brought to scene. like for a car racing game you should not brings build with high poly count and detail texture as user main focus will be road instead of building detail .you can use 3/4 side structure and place them in such a way camera will see only those sides .if you bring 6 side building and your camera can see only 3 side rest 3 side are of no use but it will still be rendered and consume your memory .

How about putting colliders as triggers between rooms so when the player hit the trigger it will activate the next room and deactivate the previous room? It is similar to OcclusionCulling.

That’s a great idea.

I’ve been experimenting with that during my tests… Maybe it’s a good idea to revisit that.

Thanks for your suggestion. I have a good feeling that might just help out big time!

Much appreciated.