Dropdown in an Image on a canvas not working with GearVR

I’m having trouble using the dropdown in unity Version 2017.3.1 personal. Working with Samsung Gear VR and Samsung S6 phone.

I have the dropdown on one image of several on a canvas. The images are disabled until they are called by a function to show all elements. When the image with the dropdown is called, the button on the image works, but the dropdown doesn’t. I can’t even “select” the dropdown.

I tried different things from other posts where problems with dropdowns were identified in previous unity version. 1) Movement type = elastic, 2) destroy “Dropdown List”, 3) Anchor and pivot set to center. Nothing seems to work.

Here are the functions that enable and disable the image containing the dropdown. I never actually disable the canvas itself.

//
public void dizzinessMenuEnable() {
dizzinessImage.enabled = true; //must use this, setactive does not work!!
dizzinessInstructionsText.enabled = true;
dizzinessOk.gameObject.SetActive (true);
dizzinessDropdown.gameObject.SetActive (true);
dizzinessDropdown.interactable = true;
//DestroyObject(dizzinessDropdown.transform.Find(“Dropdown List”).gameObject); // doesn’t do anything.
}
//this method clears the dizziness question menu
public void dizzinessMenuDisable() {
dizzinessInstructionsText.enabled = false;
dizzinessOk.gameObject.SetActive (false);
dizzinessDropdown.gameObject.SetActive (false);

//if (dizzinessDropdown.transform.Find ("Dropdown List").gameObject != null) {
	//	DestroyObject (dizzinessDropdown.transform.Find ("Dropdown List").gameObject);
	//} // this doesn't work - makes the whole dizzinessImage disappear
	dizzinessImage.enabled = false;
}

THANK YOU!!,I’m having difficulty using the dropdown box in Unity 2017.3.1f1 personal, with the Samsung gearVR and a galaxy s6 phone.

I have a canvas with multiple images for different layers of selection and instructions to the user. I would like to use a dropdown in one image that has been disabled and then enabled again. Once the image on which the dropdown is a child of, the dropdown does not respond (doesn’t change color when selected, etc). Interestingly, a button on the same image does work just fine.

I tried several things from other posts that were dealing with an error from previous versions. I deleted the “Dropdown List”, changed the anchor and pivot values to the middle, and changed the Movement Type to Elastic. None of these things have helped at all.

Here is the code that is called to make the particular image and its element enabled/disabled:

public void dizzinessMenuEnable() {
dizzinessImage.enabled = true; //must use this, setactive does not work!!
dizzinessInstructionsText.enabled = true;
dizzinessOk.gameObject.SetActive (true);
dizzinessDropdown.gameObject.SetActive (true);
//dizzinessDropdown.interactable = true; //no change
//dizzinessDropdown.enabled = true; //doesn’t work
//DestroyObject(dizzinessDropdown.transform.Find(“Dropdown List”).gameObject); // doesn’t do anything.
}

//this method clears the dizziness question menu
public void dizzinessMenuDisable() {

dizzinessInstructionsText.enabled = false;
	dizzinessOk.gameObject.SetActive (false);
	dizzinessDropdown.gameObject.SetActive (false);
	//dizzinessDropdown.enabled = false;

//if (dizzinessDropdown.transform.Find ("Dropdown List").gameObject != null) {
	//	DestroyObject (dizzinessDropdown.transform.Find ("Dropdown List").gameObject);
	//} // this doesn't work - makes the whole dizzinessImage disappear
	dizzinessImage.enabled = false;
	//dizzinessImage.gameObject.SetActive(false);
}

THANK YOU!

I still haven’t been able to come up with a solution to problem. If anyone has suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!