ECS Rotation Contradicting Physics

When I rotate like this in ecs using ecs physics my object goes through the floor/collider.
I have it moving forwards and want to rotate it to change the direction of its forwards movement and this fails.

if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.A))
            {
                Quaternion tempQuat = new Quaternion(currRot.Value.value.x, currRot.Value.value.y, currRot.Value.value.z, currRot.Value.value.w);
                //currRot.Value = tempQuat;
                currRot.Value = math.mul(tempQuat, quaternion.RotateY(math.radians(3 * Time.DeltaTime)));
            }
            else if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.D))
            {
                Quaternion tempQuat = new Quaternion(currRot.Value.value.x, currRot.Value.value.y, currRot.Value.value.z, currRot.Value.value.w);
                //currRot.Value = tempQuat;
                currRot.Value = math.mul(tempQuat, quaternion.RotateY(math.radians(3 * Time.DeltaTime)));
            }

If you're changing the transform directly then you're bypassing the Unity Physics calculations so it will go through everything.

What you should do instead is to set the Angular field on the PhysicsVelocity component so the physics engine moves the object.
https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.physics@1.0/api/Unity.Physics.PhysicsVelocity.html