Editor Windows : Interactable Images

Hello UA,

I need help on this:

My question is How to add Interactable Images on a custom editor window GUI

Playmaker is a perfect example for this:
PlayMaker

***But my need require it to have Images of atoms, if that’s not possible then maybe how to draw cirles or something :wink: ***

Another example is the Mecanim
The Mecanim

but All this as Cirles or even better Images

[Info]

Unity 5.4

Multiple editor windows

Unknown number of Objects in scene (Yes I will launch it on the Asset store)

Hundreds (Maybe Thousands) of functions

JS and C# both are fine by me

Your question is a bit generic / abstract and very similar to this one. My answer over there should cover all basics about the IMGUI system. The most important thing you really have to understand is the relation between OnGUI and the Event class. There is an event to draw all your GUI content and there are events for any kind of input (mouse, keyboard) processing.

Node based editors can grow quickly in complexity and you want to create seperate classes for the various elements so you don’t end up with a pile of spaghetti.

However i have no idea what i should do with your last statements.

“Multiple editor windows”? The whole Unity editor consists of many editor windows (inspector, sceneView, gameView, animator, profiler, console, …). What do you mean be that sentence?

Why does the number of objects in the scene matter? You haven’t even gave the smallest hint about what you actually want to do.

What do you mean by “functions”?

Instead of clearing up some questions about what you’re asking, those final statements just create more questions.

When you create a tool, the actual use of that tool should be the main concern, not how nice the visuals look. For example i once created this UVViewer which allows you to view the UV map of a mesh inside Unity. It doesn’t use fancy graphics since it’s purpose is the only thing that matters. Tools have to be useful and easy to understand / use.