Enemies chase once player enters room

Hello! I am trying to build a level where my player goes down a corridor to go to a room filled with patrolling enemies. The thing is I don’t want my enemies to chase down my player before my player walks into the room. My enemies are patrolling inside the room. The way I wrote my enemy movement script (called EnemySight) is there are two waypoints in which they patrol between. Once my player is within range (playerDistance), the enemy stops, looks at the player, and chases him down until the player goes out of range and the enemy resumes patrolling.
Here’s my code but it’s buggy. I haven’t tested it because it is very incomplete but I’m having a lot of trouble writing it because I am not too familiar with a script being an array.

using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;

public class EnemyTriggers : MonoBehaviour {
    public GameObject player;
    public EnemySight[] enes;
    public NavMeshAgent nav;
    bool playerEnter;

// Use this for initialization
    void Start () {
        for (int i=0; i < enes.Length; i++)
        {
            enes.Patrolling();   //here is where I am stuck. What should go here instead?
            playerEnter = false;
        }
    }

void OnTriggerEnter (Collider col)
    {
        if (col.tag == "Player")
        {
            for (int i = 0; i < enes.Length; i++)
            {
                playerEnter = true;
            }
        }

}
}

My enemy movement script is called EnemySight. Inside that script is a function called Patrolling() where the enemy patrols on a timer. In that same script, I have a function called Chase() which only has nav.SetDestination(player.position);. Very simple, no?

My logic is the enemy patrols until my player goes through the trigger which has this script. This script calls EnemySight script which has Chase() and Patrolling(). I’ve placed it as an array in case I want to have 2+ enemies in one room.

I really do apologize for the lengthy description. I really hope this makes sense. I would really appreciate help with this!

This is my version of the code, upon how much I understand or see as requirement.

using UnityEngine;
 using System.Collections;

public class EnemyTriggers : MonoBehaviour {
     public EnemySight[] enes;

//Add the rest of you need. It wasn't used in this set of code so I left them out.

// Use this for initialization
     void Start () {
         for (int i=0; i < enes.Length; i++)
         {
             enes*.Patrolling(); //note the index*

}
}
void OnTriggerEnter (Collider col)
{
if (col.tag == “Player”)
{
for (int i = 0; i < enes.Length; i++)