Error: Code 1 while verifying Licensing Client signature

I recently have started getting this error when I do iOS builds from the Unity Build Automation tool. My project is on version 2022.2.18f1.

[error] [2023-05-11T14:19:43Z - Unity] [Licensing::Client] Error: Code 1 while verifying Licensing Client signature (process Id: 6643, path: “/Volumes/2022_2_18f1/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/UnityLicensingClient.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity.Licensing.Client”)

I’m somewhat new to Unity and I don’t know where to even start here. Looking for suggestions, thanks!

This could be due to a corrupted Unity installation, an out-of-date Licensing Client, a mismatched Unity version, or issues with file permissions.

1. Verify your Unity Installation: The error might be happening due to a corrupted or incomplete installation of Unity. Reinstalling the Unity version you’re using (in your case, 2022.2.18f1) might resolve the issue.
  2. Check and update your Unity license
  3. Check File Permissions: Make sure Unity and the Licensing Client has the necessary permissions to access and execute the files in the specified path.
  4. Unity Version Compatibility: Ensure the Unity version you’re using is compatible with your project and the platform you’re building for. Using incompatible versions can cause such issues.