Error " coroutine->IsInList() "

Can anyone tell me what this error means “coroutine->IsInList()”, it didn’t cause a drop in frame rate or anything strange at all and just happened once in a quite long period of time.

The error is pasted just as it was in unity, there was no line number or object origin and that says it is triggered by my scripts but the error it self might be outside of them, and thats the reason Im worried about this issue.

And the coroutines that migth trigger it are not inside Update or any other builtin function if you are thinking about that.

Thanks for your answer and good luck with your projects!

Its being a long time since I posted this question and at that moment there was no way to solve it, basicly because there was nothing to be solved:

As I stated there was no frame rate drop or any other problem caused by this “error”, only the message in the log and it only happened once. After a week trying to repeat the “error” I was unable to get the message again, so there was no way to track the problem, no way to repeat it, in conclussion there was no error at all, After that conclussion I abandoned the matter and resume my work without any changes in the scripts that where possibly involved. Now almost 2 years later(yes Im still working in this project) I havent seen the “coroutine->IsInList()” message, so there was nothing to be solved.

For any one else that finds this “error”; if it happened only once and it didnt cause any misbehaviors there is no problem at all.

Thank you for your help and good luck with your projects.

Maybe, making gameObject inactive while running a coroutine?
I only got this message under this situation twice, but causing no fatal issue to the application.

I had that error two times in a row in Unity 2017.3 beta.
Also for unknown reasons.

The error came together with:
unity Function void __cdecl SoundChannelInstance::UpdatePauseState(void) may only be called from main thread! UnityEngine.Coroutine:Finalize()

We get this error occasionally on our soak testing machines. It usually only happens after a few hours of play, but sometimes sooner.

I have no idea what is causing it, but I do have the stack trace:

UnityEngine.Coroutine:Finalize() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/BaseClassBindings.gen.cs:456)

[/Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Mono/Coroutine.cpp line 155]
(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/BaseClassBindings.gen.cs Line: 456)

Got it in 2018.1.4f1, likely because of a gameobject being disabled during a coroutine like Windresta suggests.

But I’m just gonna blame it on the updated Unity version, because I didn’t get it before and I’m still angry over having lost monoDevelop during installation and now being forced to use Visual Studio (which I don’t like) :slight_smile: