External Dependency Manager not resolving libraries.

Hey folks,

I'm having some conflicts with libraries when building for Android that are preventing me from publishing. My game uses Facebook SDK, Google Sign In, and a few others.

If I make an empty project, and apply only the Facebook SDK, it runs fine on device.
When I run EDM's Android > Resolve, it downloads a ton of jar files into the Plugins/Android directory. I can build and run on the device, and the plugin works correctly.
9293251--1302494--upload_2023-9-12_18-34-53.png

If I make an empty project, and apply only the Google-Sign-In plugin, it runs fine on device.
When I run PlayServicesResolver's Android > Resolve, it downloads the jar files same as Facebook (different files, no overlap at all apparently). I can build and run on the device, and the plugin works correctly.
9293251--1302497--upload_2023-9-12_18-37-30.png

When I attempt to build my game that has both SDK's included, I get stuck in an endless back and forth between 2 errors.

The first error I get is an issue with "duplicate classes". Scouring online, the solution is to EDM > Delete Resolved Libraries. I don't see how that's the solution, because it just deletes all of the libraries that are needed to run the game. So if I do that, my game crashes immediately upon loading.

If I can't use the Resolve functionality of the EDM, what should I do to fix this? None of the library files downloaded into the Plugs/Android directory from either plugin are the same. They are all unique files...but I get duplicateClasses constistently.

I appreciate any help on this!
Thank you.

-Matt

It appears that if I manually delete com.google.signin.google-signin-support-1.0.4.aar, then I can successfully run. I don’t know why it won’t correctly get resolved but at least there’s an apparent work around.

I was wrong...

I submit my game for review but it was rejected with the cause being an installation failure.

I had the same build on the Internal Sharing and it worked perfectly on a Galaxy s10e and A53.

Does anyone know why Google Play wouldn't be able to install the build I published but it worked fine on the Internal Sharing track?

1 Like

Same happens to me, did you resolve this?