Failed to Initialize 3D Graphics?

whenever i try to run the program this is exactly what it says.

Failed to Initialize 3D Graphics

Failed to initialize Direct3D 9. Make sure you have DirectX 9.0c installed, have drivers for your graphics card and have not disabled 3D acceleration in display settings.

Try these steps:

1 Make sure you have DirectX installed:

Go to this site to install it (if broken let me know or fix it :)):

Follow the instructions to install DirectX.

2 Update your graphics card drivers:

The right place to get them depend on the brand of your machine. Start by visiting your computer manufacter’s site (i.e dell, hp, acer, etc.) If you can’t find anything try these:

3 Test that your video card works:

In Windows open a “Run As…” dialog by holding the Windows Key + “R”. When the dialog opens type “dxdiag” (without quotes) and press OK. Switch to the “Display” tab and verify that “DirectDraw Acceleration”, “Direct3D Acceleration” and “AGP Texture Acceleration” are enabled.

Well... it says that: Does you computer have a graphics card with drivers installed? What Windows version are you using?

I had the same problem with my notebook, and it seems running it as an administrator solves it

i have the same problem i went from xp to windows 7.... how can i fix it??

Is there any other way to solve this problem except update graphics card drivers?Maybe some game players dont know or dont want to update their graphics card drivers.

Im using an HP laptop… my original hard drive messed up, so I just took a hard drive out of a different HP laptop and put it in mine… ever since I did that, I cant play any 3D games or anything…

I clicked the Display tab, and basically everything says n/a or not available…
Any way to fix this??

I’m using it on a xp virtual machine under virtualbox and get the same error…

Try using 64bit System Instead of 32bit.

I know this is an old one, but just in case anyone is looking for a solution:
If Unity used to work for you and you just gor this error, try restarting your computer. That did the trick for me.

Im trying to play a game called totally accurate battle simulator open alpha but it just says this

Failed to initialize Direct3D.
Make sure you have at least DirectX 9.0c installed, have drivers for your
graphics card and have not disabled 3D acceleration
in display settings.
InitializeEngineGraphics failed