Fast app switching from fullscreen mode in OS X

I like playing my app in fullscreen, but also being able to switch to other applications rapidly if necessary.

In Windows, this works beautifully - I can alt+tab to other apps from fullscreen mode in a Unity game with no delay. This is far better than many Valve games, which lock up for 5 or so seconds after I switch back to them even when they are running windowed... Good job Unity!

In OSX, this doesn't work at all. Command+tab is completely disabled, and command+option+esc instantly force quits my app instead of elegantly switching it to windowed mode and displaying the force quit dialog. I have seen other Mac games that handled fullscreen switching more elegantly, so I know it's not a hard limitation. Is there any way I can make my app do a better job of not hijacking the user's computer, or is this something I need to wait for Unity to take care of?

What you could do is create a script in which you script it yourself.

EDIT:

Try CMD + F (not sure if it works though)

Screen.fullScreen = !Screen.fullScreen;

This is from:Scripting Reference...this is for your Unity Game of course... you can do something like :

if (Input.GetKeyDown (KeyCode.LeftControl))
      {
        if ((Time.time - lastTapTime) < tapSpeed)
        {
        Screen.fullScreen = !Screen.fullScreen;
        }
        lastTapTime = Time.time;

}

When yoy tap Left Control then you will switch to Full screen...i think,

Haven't tried with Unity games, but Cmd + H or Cmd + M usually works for mac applications.