Fictional data in GameOverrides analytics

Hello, this is not the first time I have seen fictitious data when I look at GameOverrides analytics, for example, when I have an A/B test with 2 options, the analytics displays information about 3 options and, moreover, I see analytics for each of the options for the dates in which this overload did not exist at all!

This breaks the value of UnitAnalytics, how data can be taken for days when the A/B test has not yet existed?

For example, Yesterday (30.11.2023) I created an A/B test with 2 options, 13 hours passed by the time I launched it and this is what I have

9504118--1338964--Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 11.17.30.png

This is the session length data, where did you get the data for the last 8 days?
Where did you get the information that one of the options has data for the 8th day which has not yet arrived?
Really, today is December 1st and you are showing me data for December 7th?
Unity can predict the future???

I have been observing this false data for the last 2 years and no one has solved the problem, what is the point of GameOverrides if the Analytics does not have the slightest reliability?

To be honest, the UnityAnalytics service itself has a lot of false data, my retention/new installs/session length/etc from iOS/PlayMarket and Unity never coincide, for example, Unity shows iOS D1 retention is about 15% when AppStore shows 32%, this is a very large discrepancy.

Using Unity Analytics, I can't understand what KPIs my product actually has.
The same problem with IAP revenue data by Unity, I use all the possible tools to protect against fraud that Unity provides, but when PlayMarket shows 150$ revenue, Unity says that I earned $5,000, this IAP data makes no sense.

Hey!

The values you're seeing in that table are not calendar dates, those are days relative to when the player received the change. This is why you can see values that seem to be from before when the test started - it's because those players were active before the test started, and the X axis on this chart is "days since entry" not "calendar days".

You can switch to calendar days using the switcher in the upper right-hand corner of the chart.

As for seeing A/B tests with ghost variants - would you be able to DM me with an example? I can take a look and see what's going on.

Mike

Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it!

I switched to the calendar view and everything began to look much better, I went to look at the analytics in more detail in the Data Explorer, which can be accessed through the button on the A/B analytics page, and despite the calendar view, I can still see the data for the A/B options for days in which it did not yet exist.

9506989--1339444--Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 10.44.11.png

I understand that I can manually set the date range in which the test started, but when I see data for days in which the test has not yet taken place, it is very confusing.

The graph in the screenshot shows that I’m not getting any information about the start date of the A/B test, it looks like the A/B test is active on all days of the selected date range.

This becomes a big problem when I look at the analytics of A/B tests that don’t have a start/end date and that I ran a few weeks ago but chose a larger date range to analyse KPIs

For example, I set the range Last 30D for A/B that started 2w ago, I looked at the data for each day of the month (everything looks normal, nothing tells me that some of the data are incorrect), and chose the option with the best KPIs, but then it turns out that half of the month has non-existent data and all the KPIs were incorrect, as a result, I chose the option based on false data

I think the solution is quite simple, just don’t show days in which the A/B test did not exist.