Finding all grandchild objects with specific tag?

I can’t seem to find an answer for this anywhere, so I figured I’d ask. I have a single game object with several child objects. Each of those child objects has a child object of their own with a specific tag, which I’m trying to toggle active/inactive using a C# script on the first game object. The problem seems to be that, at most, I can only find one of them. I’ve tried “FindGameObjectsWithTag” and “FindGameObjectWithTag” to no avail. I think it’s due to the fact that I’m trying to find grandchild objects rather than child objects, but I can’t seem to figure out how to work around that. I was wondering if anyone could offer any suggestions. Thank you.

I haven’t tested it yet, but something like this should work. I’ve edited to add a parameter to set whether or not it should be set active or not.

public void DisableChildObjectsWithTag(Transform parent, string tag, bool shouldBeActive)
    {
        for (int x = 0; x < parent.childCount; x++)
        {
            Transform child = parent.GetChild(x);
            if(child.tag == tag)
            {
                child.gameObject.SetActive(shouldBeActive);
            }

DisableChildObjectsWithTag(child, tag, shouldBeActive);
        }
    }

Then in your code you simply call it like this

DisableChildObjectsWithTag(this.transform, "some tag", false);

Or obviously you could pass it some other transform to loop through instead of it’s own.

Basically it’s just a recursive loop that loops through each child and then calls the same function on it’s children. If it encounters one with the specified tag then it disables it.