Fingers bending sideways?

Hi, I’m attempting to bring in a humanoid character that was modeled, rigged, and textured in Blender. In the character import settings, I’ve selected ‘Humanoid’ for animation type, and ‘Create from this Model’ for the avatar definition.

After pressing the ‘Configure’ button, the bones appear to all map perfectly under the mapping tab. However, in the Muscles tab, I can see that the fingers of my character are bending sideways towards the pinky finger side of the hand and not forwards like they would naturally.

I’ve successfully imported a character before and the only difference between the two was that in the successful import, the characters hands were palms facing down while in the unsuccessful character, the palms are facing forward (in the direction the character is looking). Otherwise, both are set up in T-Pose in the exact same way.

Are the hands facing forward causing the issue? Is there anything I can do about it? I’ve already tried adjusting the bone roll of the rig back in blender but that had no effect… Thanks ahead for your replies…

Well, I think I’ve found the answer to my own question. According to the T-Stance portion of the Mecanim Humanoids page, Mecanim humanoids | Unity Blog , the hands of the character’s must face down. Back to the old drawing board…