Firebase TypeInitializationException/DLLNotFoundException on Android

Hi!
I am trying to use Firebase within Unity (5.5.2). It works fine in the editor, but when I make an Android build and try to run it, I get the following error:

There is only one line of code that I am trying to run:

FirebaseApp.DefaultInstance.SetEditorDatabaseUrl(myurl);

What I did

I created a new project, set it to Android, imported the Firebase SDK from this site: Unity 프로젝트에 Firebase 추가  |  Unity용 Firebase and importet the FirebaseDatabase.unitypackage.
Then I created a script that tries to set the URL, which works fine in the editor (I can even go further and read and write to the database).

Fixes I tried

The very strange thing is, that the same project works for another person. When he builds, I can run the app on my phone just fine. So the issue must be something in my workspace. Here is what I got:

• Windows 8.1 and 7 (64 Bit)
  • Unity 5.5.2f1 (also tried 5.5.0)
  • jdk-8u121
  • android-ndk-r10e
  • Go Play services v39
  • Google Repository v44

Can anyone think of ANYTHING at all that might cause this issue? There must be something I am missing…

EDIT I also tried to run the quickstart database project (quickstart-unity/database/testapp at master · firebase/quickstart-unity · GitHub), which also works fine in the editor, but in a build results in this message:

“One or more Firebase dependencies are not present. Current dependency status: UnavailableOther”

Which I assume is the same error, just masked by exception handling.

Check you have done everything in this list.

1. Import the google-services.json and copy it to your Assets folder
  2. Wrap your using Firebase.Unity.Editor and FirebaseApp.DefaultInstance.SetEditorDatabaseUrl(myurl); in #if UNITY_EDITOR #endif
  3. Go to Assets->Play Services Resolver->Android Resolver->Resolve Client Jars