Flipping an object using AddForce?

So I’m trying to figure out this idiotically simple code, but it just isn’t working. I’m trying to get an object to flip over (or simply to move to begin with) when F is pressed. Originally I had it to flip with animation, but I’m not satisfied with how it looks like, and I thought flipping it with gravity would result in more realistic result.
I’ve tried to google a solution multiple times but nothing seems to work. My object isn’t kinematic and it is not colliding with anything. So yeah. Here’s the part of the code I’m trying to edit;

if (Input.GetButtonDown ("F")) {
    	//animation.Play ("flip");
    	rigidbody.AddForce(-transform.forward * 500);
    	rigidbody.useGravity = true;
    }

Note: I’m not a total newbie with coding but I don’t consider myself being particularly good at it either. Any help would be appreciated!

A cheap way to flip, like flipping a coin, is (something like) AddForceAtPosition(Vector3.up*10, Vector3.right);.

A normal AddForce pushes at the exact center (of mass?) AFaP lets you adjust the push to be near an edge, so almost exactly like a real coin flip. Mathwise, it computes the force and rotation. So is the same as calling AddForce and AddTorque, or using velocity= and angularVelocity=.

Say you want to push a cube, and start it rolling. Use Vector3.up as the second APaP input, to shove it nearer the top.

I got it to work! I changed the Vector3.up10, etc to Vector3.up1000, and now it actually moves. I knew the answer was going to be something really simple and dumb. Thanks for all the help though, I got a few good ideas from you guys!