FPS walker errors. I cannot locate the FPS walker (script) , plz help! =)

I've searched for hours trying to figure out why i cant walk in 1st person. (i can move my camera, that's it) I've notice you need the FPS walker (script) to move, but i cannot find it anywhere, it wont show up in my inspector.I tried opening > ...>> Assets > import assets >standard assets > Scripts " open all files " but it nowhere to be found , please help me out !

_____hmmm nothing happening here, I know a way to fix my problem, just dont know HOW to do it, i have unity 3.1.of4 ....couldn't i create a new folder and somehow copy / paste the script that was suppose to be there?

When you say "move your camera" do you mean you can look around with it? That probably means your character object or empty game object(depends based on your project and what you used) is missing some scripts. You might have to redo everything or just add/delete some of the stuff I mention along the way. The fact that you had to IMPORT your Standard Assets afterwards can cause some problems too. This is especially true if you imported it from a different project or something along those lines. I was missing MonoScripts from multiple prefabs when I did that once. You have to put them back the way they were yourself when that happens b/c Unity won't do it for you even if you re-import all assets.

Assuming you have the newest version of Unity or version 3.0 and above then the FPS Walker script was as one person put it on a Unity Forum, "greatly expanded to support slopes and moving platforms"-teatime(http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/56802-CharacterMotor). The original FPS Walker Script no longer exists. Standard assets>Character Controllers (it's the 1st folder)>First Person Controller. If you open the First Person Controller Prefab your controller is a cylinder. It's the graphic. A Main Camera is also attached to the prefab and acts as your look around head.

What if you have a specific character and you don't want your character to look like a game object(even though no1 will see it most likely) or want some other difference aside from scripting changes? Then you have to attach the scripts that the First Person Controller prefab has to your character along with a correctly positioned Main Camera with a Mouse Look Script. Make sure it is exactly like the Prefab to be safe.

There are 3 ways to do this (2nd way is probably safer but longer due to constant back and forth checks):

1st way

1. Pull the Prefab onto your scene.

2. Replace anything that is necessary to be replaced with your objects and prefabs. This will probably only be the graphic. You will lose the Prefab connection.

3. Make sure the Main Camera within the FPS Controller is positioned the same way as it was with the old graphic. It should be where your character's head is/would be.

4. Play to make sure it works.

2nd way(safer)

1. Create an empty game object I think.

2. Put your character inside and make sure it has nothing except the mesh renderer and mesh filter if it has extra stuff so that it is just like the graphic from the prefab. You probably won't have these if it is anything like the construction worker. See 3rd Person Controller>Bip001 to see what I'm talking about.

3. Attach an FPS Input Controller script to the folder. The other 2 scripts (Mouse Look and Character Motor) along with the Character Controller should attach automatically.

4. MAKE SURE THE VALUES OF EACH COMPONENT OF EACH SCRIPT THAT ARE SEE-ABLE WITHIN THE INSPECTOR ARE THE SAME AS THE FIRST PERSON CONTROLLER PREFAB.

5. Add or position(if it is already in your scene) the Main Camera so that it is exactly where the head of your character would be/is. Attach a Mouse Look Script to the Main Camera.

6. Again MAKE SURE THE VALUES OF EACH COMPONENT OF THE SCRIPT AND THE VALUES OF THE MAIN CAMERA SEE-ABLE WITHIN THE INSPECTOR ARE THE SAME AS THE FIRST PERSON CONTROLLER PREFAB.

3rd way

1. Type in First Person in the search box under the Project tab.

2. Try putting some of the First Person "things" aside from the prefab that you didn't have(there might be a script like FirstPersonControl.js or a...data template? That's what I see. I think it's for IPOD Touch.) that are there onto your character. I have never tried doing it this way so I have no idea what you might have to fix, add, and/or change.

3. Play! Good luck. Hope it worked.

DONE! =D

Try importing Character Controller as well (from the same Standard Assets folder)

hmmm nothing happening here, I know a way to fix my problem, just dont know HOW to do it, i have unity 3.1.of4 ....couldn't i create a new folder and somehow copy / paste the script that was suppose to be there?