Game freezes for 10+ seconds on start

Every time I hit the play button or build & run, the game loads up, but stays halted for 10-12 seconds before it actually lets me do anything. My game has a textured plane, and a model with 2 attached particle systems. There’s a script attached to the model which controls its movement & look at mouse functionality. I’ve taken out each piece of that functionality and tested with what remained, but nothing changed. It’s not Unity freezing up, as I can still click the play button again to stop.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and let me know if you need anymore information. Thanks.

Edit - I guess the package is too big to be attached. It’s ~550k.
Here’s the code:

using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;

public class Movement : MonoBehaviour {
	private float accel = 1000.0f;
	private Vector3 movementVec;
	private Vector3 rotationVec;

// Use this for initialization
	void Start () {
	}

// Update is called once per frame
	void Update () {
		Vector3 mousePos = Input.mousePosition;

rotationVec = new Vector3(mousePos.x, mousePos.y, Camera.main.transform.position.y - transform.position.y);
		Vector3 world = Camera.main.ScreenToWorldPoint (rotationVec);
		transform.LookAt (world);

movementVec = new Vector3(Input.GetAxis("Horizontal"), 0, Input.GetAxis ("Vertical"));
		rigidbody.AddForce(movementVec.normalized * accel * Time.deltaTime, ForceMode.Acceleration);

foreach(Transform child in GetComponentsInChildren(typeof(Transform)))
		{

if(child.name == "Thruster")
			{
				if(Input.GetKey (KeyCode.W) || Input.GetKey (KeyCode.A) || Input.GetKey (KeyCode.S) || Input.GetKey (KeyCode.D))
				{

child.particleSystem.enableEmission = true;
				}
				else
				{
					child.particleSystem.enableEmission = false;
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

Looks like the issue was that I had an animation controller on the object and it was set to play on startup. I took that off and everything starts immediately as it should. Thanks for the help, folks.