Game Object doesn't instantiate at Mouse Position

I’m working on an incremental game and to start gaining coins you need to click a button. What I wanted to do was every time I hit the button, it instantiates a little hit sprite to give the user visual feedback. The problem is it just instantiates at the middle of the canvas instead of at the mouse position. Here’s what I currently have: (If you need more information tell me)

public void OnClick()
    {     
        InstantiateHit();
    }

public void InstantiateHit()
    {
        var mousePos = Input.mousePosition; 
        var PositionHit = new Vector3(Camera.main.ScreenToWorldPoint(mousePos).x, Camera.main.ScreenToWorldPoint(mousePos).y, transform.position.z);

GameObject hit = Instantiate(Hit, PositionHit, Quaternion.identity) as GameObject;
        hit.transform.SetParent (GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag("Canvas").transform, true);
    }

hey;
why do u make it as a canvas parent ?

this may cause problems;

I removed the part of the code that makes it a Parent of the Canvas because apparently that was the issue but it still doesn’t get instantiated at the mouse position. And when I put the position of the prefab to 0, 0 I can’t even see the object :confused: really don’t know what’s going on.

var mousePos = Input.mousePosition;   
        var PositionHit = new Vector3(Camera.main.ScreenToWorldPoint(mousePos).x, Camera.main.ScreenToWorldPoint(mousePos).y, transform.position.z);

Instantiate(Hit, PositionHit, Quaternion.identity);

I think the problem isn’t with the code but maybe with the way I setup my prefab or maybe in my game somehow. Is there some way I can make sure?