Generating island mesh

I’ve been trying to generate random islands for my game, but can only get it to work using tiles. I’d like to create a random island which is a single mesh, and not several tiles. Kind of like the procedural islands in this game http://applemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/image2.jpg

It seems like the base for these islands are multiple hexagons. Can you please help me make a start randomizing meshes? Thanks, Boaz

I just went through doing something similar with creating an asteroid with paths on the inside. Unfortunately, Unity does not seem to be a good way to model things on the fly. I ended up using Blender. However, having said all that, if you check out my post: Here you’ll see what I tried to do and maybe it can help you expand on yours. In my script, the random asteroid was generated using Visual Basic and stored in a file first. That is easy enough for you to duplicate in unity though. The issue I had, as noted in the post, is that I could not get the components to combine properly. Hope that helps.