HDRP Particle System Shaders

Please use this thread to provide feedback on our HDRP Particle System shaders!
This is not for use with the Visual Effect Graph.

You may submit your own combinations for any feature we've missed, and we will attempt to incorporate them into the master version available for download.

Grab the shaders from https://forum.unity.com/threads/hdrp-particle-system-shaders.643840

4 Likes

I set up particle system and use new shader with material. If I click in hiearchy, console keeps stacking warning every frame.
2019.1b6 / 5.7.2

4315456--388540--c2.JPG
4315456--388543--c3.JPG

[quote=“konsic”, post:2, topic: 735479]
If I click in hiearchy, console keeps stacking warning every frame.
[/quote]

It’s probably this: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/particle-system-component-causes-error-internal-jobtempalloc-has-allocations-that-are-more-than-4-frames-old

There is a fix for it coming in 2019.1.0b8 (and also an upcoming 2018.3 patch)

and which HDRP version that the particle shader supported?
Edit :
Alright it worked for me, just FYI i use 2019.2 alpha and HDRP 6.5.2. Which mean scene depth and scene color node are worked just fine.
One question, in soft particle subgraph. What is the purpose of remap node? i just can't make it work. I have to swap the remap with multiply and it works just fine.
Also i love how transparent shaders are receiving shadow in HDRP :smile:
4316305--388750--upload_2019-3-14_3-48-16.png

Edit2: Alright nvm now i see what is that remap node do :smile:

Oh wow the soft particles works?? (almost!) i couldn't test it because it didn't seem to work for me at all in a sub-graph. I was using HDRP 5.3.1 and Unity 2019.2. I guess they fixed whatever bug i was hitting. I'll upgrade and take a look, although I wanted these shaders to all work in 2018.3 :(

oh the subgraph bug, yeah that's still happened i think. Which is kinda weird, not sure why scene depth and color nodes are broken if you put them in subgraph

I've spoken to the ShaderGraph team and reported the bug. They think it's related to an issue that they are already in the process of fixing. Fingers crossed :)

I was having trouble with getting this working, seems as though all the sub graph references got broken as well as having no output node, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Using 2018.3.8 with shader graph 4.10
Thanks

[quote=“CameronOtten”, post:8, topic: 735479]
I was having trouble with getting this working, seems as though all the sub graph references got broken as well as having no output node, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Using 2018.3.8 with shader graph 4.10
Thanks
[/quote]

It’s possible I’ve made these shaders with a version of Shadergraph / HDRP that is “too new” and doesn’t work as far back as 4.1. I made it in 5.3.1. I’ll check tomorrow and let you know if my guess is correct. I should be able to redo it for 4.1 assuming there are no missing features I need. Or horrible bugs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To be fair there is really no point in supporting anything less than 5.x since HDRP is riddled with bugs that far back, and if people aren't upgrading from 4.1, well they chose to work against something unfinished.

The reason I made a distinction (specifically pre 5.3.1 is because from 5.3.x you have to redo all the lighting as a major portion of HDRP was fixed/added), and this is mandatory really - everyone will have to do it.

(just my 2p)

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! I wasn't 100% up to speed with the HDRP versions and what the minimum reasonable-to-support version was, so that is super helpful.

@CameronOtten can you upgrade to 5.3.1 or newer and try again?

[quote=“richardkettlewell”, post:11, topic: 735479]
Thanks for the info! I wasn’t 100% up to speed with the HDRP versions and what the minimum reasonable-to-support version was, so that is super helpful.

@CameronOtten can you upgrade to 5.3.1 or newer and try again?
[/quote]
Well i’m trying to keep my project in 2018 for the LTS version so 5.3.1 is not supported for the lastest 2018 it seems, no big deal though, it was just something I found that I could use for particles, really the problem I need to solve is to get all the aspects of the shuriken system to work, like fading, color change, etc. Also the soft particles would be nice

[quote=“CameronOtten”, post:12, topic: 735479]
Well i’m trying to keep my project in 2018 for the LTS version so 5.3.1 is not supported for the lastest 2018 it seems, no big deal though, it was just something I found that I could use for particles, really the problem I need to solve is to get all the aspects of the shuriken system to work, like fading, color change, etc. Also the soft particles would be nice
[/quote]

Can you fix these graphs in your version? if it’s just a case of re-adding the lit master nodes and re-connecting the sub-graphs?

For soft particles, there is a bug preventing it from working in a sub-graph, but you could pull the nodes out of the sub-graph into the main shader graph and it should work.

Or I will find time to look into this from our end, but that will be slower for you :slight_smile:

[quote=“richardkettlewell”, post:13, topic: 735479]
Can you fix these graphs in your version? if it’s just a case of re-adding the lit master nodes and re-connecting the sub-graphs?

For soft particles, there is a bug preventing it from working in a sub-graph, but you could pull the nodes out of the sub-graph into the main shader graph and it should work.

Or I will find time to look into this from our end, but that will be slower for you :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Yes I believe I can remap them, would you be able to post some screenshots of the graphs? Its difficult to see where they all would connect, it would help a ton. Maybe just the lit/unlit versions of the most complex ones and I can work backward from there. I can also post or send you the package of the graphs/subgraphs that will be compatible with 2018.3

Thank you

1 Like

[quote=“CameronOtten”, post:14, topic: 735479]
Yes I believe I can remap them, would you be able to post some screenshots of the graphs? Its difficult to see where they all would connect, it would help a ton. Maybe just the lit/unlit versions of the most complex ones and I can work backward from there. I can also post or send you the package of the graphs/subgraphs that will be compatible with 2018.3

Thank you
[/quote]

I’ve attached a few screenshots here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/hdrp-particle-system-shaders.643840

Could anybody share how to get the Unity Particle Pack working with HDRP?
I've imported the effects into a HDRP template project, and I get purple materials, and I was wondering what the preferred way would currently be to have these effects work with HDRP.
Thank you!

[quote=“richardkettlewell”, post:15, topic: 735479]
I’ve attached a few screenshots here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/hdrp-particle-system-shaders.643840
[/quote]

These should be setup properly for the latest 2018.3 and Shadergraph 4.10 :slight_smile:

4346929–392791–ParticlesShaders-2018.3.unitypackage (21.7 KB)

3 Likes

[quote=“OfficialHermie”, post:16, topic: 735479]
Could anybody share how to get the Unity Particle Pack working with HDRP?
I’ve imported the effects into a HDRP template project, and I get purple materials, and I was wondering what the preferred way would currently be to have these effects work with HDRP.
Thank you!
[/quote]
If its cuz youre using 2018.3 these are built using 2019 so the shader graph’s references are broken, i uploaded a package for ones that are fixed for 2018.3 (see above)

[quote=“CameronOtten”, post:17, topic: 735479]
These should be setup properly for the latest 2018.3 and Shadergraph 4.10 :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Great! I’ve added your package to our release thread :slight_smile:

@CameronOtten Thank you. Is there anything else I have to do besides importing your unitpackage file into my HDRP test project? I still see purple material. I'm using Unity 2018.3.3f1.