Help or consulting to develop a simple AR game

Dear All,
I am a student and I need to develop a simple AR application for android that exploits just 2D images tracking feature.
It should be an AR “escape room” around my city where each step of the game is activated or solved by the user by tracking a certain 2D element with his device ( like a painting inside a church etc. ).

The details of the project are already set, I am looking for (even paid) help, support or suggestions to develop the game (e.g. how to perform some tasks from a practical point of view, how to structure the game, how to choose between Vuforia and AR Foundation, etc.).

I am really in a hurry since I have to graduate and it is really important.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

I would suggest going for Vuforia which is a lot simpler and can work on any phone.

If you prefer AR Foundation for android though, take a look at the following link to check if your device is supported or not. Developers Google AR

If you are using vuforia, the thing you want to focus on the most is creating images with clear edges and lines (think of a QR code), as this help vuforia detect the image easier.

Hi @lordanhel, thanks a lot for the tip, I will go for Vuforia. One of the element I thought to use is a piece of a painting, so in reality it doesn’t have clear edges. Could it work in your opinion?

The one thing that I have no clue how to do it is to put the different images that need to be tracked one at a time. What I mean is that the game goes per step, and at each step there is one different image to be tracked to solve the step and go to the next one.

Every time an image is tracked, a certain number of actions should start: (a sound, a 3D character appears, a text panel appears to tell something about the element tracked and to give the clue about the next one, …). So I was thinking to make it “modular”, and store all these data in a JSON (I have read something about coroutine, web request and json) but I don’t really know how to put this in action properly.

Thanks a lot for the help, I really need it and I will reward anyone who can figure this out.

I can also give my email address to go in detail if someone is interested in helping.