[HELP] Unity 5.5 Android build crashes at startup

Hello, I have a built an apk game for Android. I am using Unity 5.5 and my minimum API level is set to (Android 2.3.1 ‘Gingerbread’) (API level 9). Anyway when I copy the apk app to my mobile (HUAWEI GRA-UL00) and open it, it loads for a couple of seconds then immediately crashes.

Some details of the phone:

EMUI version: EMUI 3.1

Android version: 5.0.1

Kernel version: 3.10.61-geb4b1e7 android@localhost #2 Wed Dec 9 03:59:12 CST 2015

Baseband version: 21.293.25.00.000,21.239.25.00.000

Intended Scenario:

I want the game to run on my phone without any problems that cause it to crashes immediately at startup.

Methods Implemented:

• I checked the (Protect Graphics Memory) in the Player Settings as I found it from external sources it solved the problem for some others, however the problem still persists after I implemented this method.

• I tried changing maybe couple of lines in the Android Manifests file but it did not help.

This is a log from the adb I opened while trying to open the app on my phone:

I/ActivityManager( 3361): Displayed com.Blue_Factory_Games.Run_Kid/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity: +293ms
E/Unity   (13096): Unable to find AudioPluginMsHRTF
E/Unity   (13096): Unable to find AudioPluginOculusSpatializer
I/Unity   (13096): Building GPG services, implicitly attempts silent auth
I/Unity   (13096):
I/Unity   (13096): (Filename: ./artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
I/Unity   (13096):
I/ActivityManager( 3361): filter receiver for action = android.net.wifi.SCAN_RESULTS
I/Unity   (13096):  [Play Games Plugin DLL] 01/13/17 17:33:20 +03:00 DEBUG: Activating PlayGamesPlatform.
I/Unity   (13096):
I/Unity   (13096): (Filename: ./artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
I/Unity   (13096):
I/Unity   (13096):  [Play Games Plugin DLL] 01/13/17 17:33:20 +03:00 DEBUG: Instance was not initialized, using default configuration.
I/Unity   (13096):
I/Unity   (13096):
I/Unity   (13096):  [Play Games Plugin DLL] 01/13/17 17:33:20 +03:00 DEBUG: PlayGamesPlatform activated: GooglePlayGames.PlayGamesPlatform
I/Unity   (13096):
I/Unity   (13096):
I/Unity   (13096):  [Play Games Plugin DLL] 01/13/17 17:33:20 +03:00 DEBUG: Creating platform-specific Play Games client.
I/Unity   (13096):
I/Unity   (13096):
I/Unity   (13096):  [Play Games Plugin DLL] 01/13/17 17:33:20 +03:00 DEBUG: Creating Android IPlayGamesClient Client
I/Unity   (13096):
I/Unity   (13096):
I/ActivityManager( 3361): filter receiver for action = android.intent.action.DROPBOX_ENTRY_ADDED
I/ActivityManager( 3361): filter receiver for action = com.huawei.android.action.AUTO_UPDATE_MYLOCATION
I/ActivityManager( 3361): filter receiver for action = com.huawei.android.action.AUTO_UPDATE_MYLOCATION
I/ActivityManager( 3361): filter receiver for action = android.net.wifi.SCAN_RESULTS

This is a copy from the Android Manifest file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--
This Google Mobile Ads plugin library manifest will get merged with your
application's manifest, adding the necessary activity and permissions
required for displaying ads.
-->
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    package="com.Blue_Factory_Games.Run_Kid"
    android:versionName="1.0"
    android:versionCode="1">
  <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="9"
      android:targetSdkVersion="19" />
  <!-- Google Mobile Ads Permissions -->
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>
  <!-- Uncomment to add billing for in-app purchase ads -->
  <!--<uses-permission android:name="com.android.vending.BILLING"/> -->
  <application>
    <!-- Denote the referenced Google Play services version -->
    <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version"
        android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version" />
    <!-- Google Mobile Ads Activity -->
    <activity android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity"
        android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize"
        android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent" />
    <!-- InAppPurchase Activity -->
    <activity android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.purchase.InAppPurchaseActivity"
        android:theme="@style/Theme.IAPTheme"/>

<activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity"
    	android:label="@string/app_name">
		<intent-filter>
			<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
			<!-- <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" /> -->
		</intent-filter>
		<meta-data android:name="unityplayer.UnityActivity" android:value="true" />
		<meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik"
			android:value="true" />
	</activity>
  </application>
</manifest>

I would really appreciate the help finding a solution as it has become really frustrating for a couple of day now.

After a long couple days of headaches and frustration and testing, the problem turned out to be in the “MenuScript.cs” that is attached to the (MenuManager) in my start scene. When I disabled the script component in the game object, and ran the game again on my phone, it didn’t crash.

Also I would like to point out that it crashed in the end screen (which is the game over scene) probably because I have a similar script to the “MenuScript.cs” there.

In conclusion, this was the problem for me as to why it was crashing on mobile.