Help with layermask and raycast!!! HELP

I am trying to set a mask, the numeber 8 one, and I have put an object there, the floor, so when the raycast collides with it detects the floor. But I dont know what happens, it doesnt recognize the floor object. The ray works perfectly by the way, that is not the problem.

Here is the code:

GameObject Piso = GameObject.Find("Floor"); // this is the gameobject floor
   int layerMask = 1 << 8; // this variables go at the begining

void IsGrounded() // this is my function that casts the raycast 
{

RaycastHit hitInfo;
    if (Physics.Raycast(rb.transform.position + Vector3.down * 3f, Vector3.up * 5f, out hitInfo, Mathf.Infinity, layerMask))
    {

if (hitInfo.distance > 0.1f) // Change .1f to what you need
            Debug.DrawRay(rb.transform.position + Vector3.down * 3f, Vector3.up * 5f, Color.blue);

isgrounded = true;

}

if (hitInfo.distance < 0.5f){
            Debug.DrawRay(rb.transform.position + Vector3.down * 3f, Vector3.up * 5f, Color.red);

isgrounded = false;
    } 
 } 

Am I missing something? By the way, I placed the object Floor in the scene in the layer number 8, but somehow it doesnt recognize the raycast. HEEELP!!!

By the way, the raycast is casted from a rigidbody called rb inside the player.

Use

LayerMask layerMask = 1 << 8;

instead of

int layerMask = 1 << 8;

Is it possible, that you used the braces wrong? I think you are missing one ‘{’ in the 12th row:

if (hitInfo.distance > 0.1f) {

if the distance is < 0.5f the grounded will always be false, because it looks like this:

void IsGrounded()
 {

if (Physics.Raycast..)
     {
         if (hitInfo..) // I think here you are missing a '{', because the other if is out of the Raycast's if
     }

if (hitInfo.distance < 0.5f){  // this will always be executed, so as I said above: if the distance less, than 0.5f, the isGrounded will always be false
     } 
  } 

I hope it’s understandable. So:

void IsGrounded() // this is my function that casts the raycast 
 {

RaycastHit hitInfo;
     if (Physics.Raycast(rb.transform.position + Vector3.down * 3f, Vector3.up * 5f, out hitInfo, Mathf.Infinity, layerMask))
     {

if (hitInfo.distance > 0.1f)
         { // Change .1f to what you need
             Debug.DrawRay(rb.transform.position + Vector3.down * 3f, Vector3.up * 5f, Color.blue);

isgrounded = true;

}

if (hitInfo.distance < 0.5f)
         {
             Debug.DrawRay(rb.transform.position + Vector3.down * 3f, Vector3.up * 5f, Color.red);

isgrounded = false;
         } 
     }

}