How can I block unwanted unityadscache folder on my device?

Good afternoon I have an android tablet

I have been recently getting two folders in my google photo app the first is Unity Ads Cache which usually has between 1 to 5 pictures and a short video like 20 sec. The other is an empty files folder. I have deleted both folders multiple times. They come back after my device has rebooted or restarted. Please note these ads are for games that I have never even heard of nor want.

Can someone please tell me how to permanently remove this as I never asked for this to be added to my photos app?

Thank you for any help.

1 Like

Hi,

We should not be using photos folder for storing cached videos for Unity Ads. Do you know which games you have been playing, which is using Unity Ads SDK?

/Rasmus

The only games that I have are candy crush soda saga, papa pear saga and cafeland... I have been playing these games for a long while. I have never had these ads folder to show up until about a month ago.

1 Like

This might help: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/drive/Xk8ZwW-EaEI

In short: try removing syncing for the root folder and hand select the folders you want to sync with google photos.

I am having the same problem except that I can't even find the pics and videos on m phone. I just upgraded to a Galaxy S9+ and everytime I upload pics to my computer I get stock photos, facebook photos of people I have never seen before and unity ad videos. I never had this happen on my previous phones with the same game on them. I believe they are coming from the only game I have on my phone Township. I looked at the link to stop them but that's pretty complicated for me and I can't find them on my phone to even start doing anything about it. They just show up on my photo uploads. Please help. I take photos for my job and it's time consuming to have to go through and delete so many extra photos all the time. It's also very very very annoying.

1 Like

Hi @promptrecovery , thanks for reporting. We will investigate ofc, it should not happen as you describe. Is this the game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playrix.township ?

/Rasmus

Hello. I have a similar problem, but I have clicked the info button on the ads in my gallery, and it says they're from my MP3 player app I use (GO Music) Also, it seems that the old ads come back, because the dates say they're from various months in 2017 and some even in 2016. Please help me fix this, it's really really annoying.

1 Like

Hello @imjustzeke thank you for your feedback. Is this the app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jiubang.go.music ? Also, can you provide me with basic information about your device? (Android version and device model). Thank you in advance!

Your ads have interrupted Google Maps while navigating a new city, botched the video of my daughter's recital, and startled everyone nearby while I was quietly reading the news in the library.

I want specific instructions on how to permanently block Unity on a SAMSUNG-SM-G920A.

1 Like

Hello @drjivaro . After the problem has recently occurred, open the Google Play Store app on your device, then follow the below instructions:

Tap Menu (the three lines on the top left corner)
Tap My apps & games (on some devices, you will need to choose apps & games first)
Tap Installed to see a list of installed apps
The Installed apps will show in alphabetical order by default. Tap the lines next to 'Alphabetical' to change the sort order to 'Last Used.'

The app causing the ads will be high up on the Last Used list.

Once you have identified the app, you can report it to the Play Store if you suspect it is in violation of the Play Store terms and services, by going into the install page for that app in the Play Store, scrolling all the way to the bottom of the screen and then tapping Flag as inappropriate. Also, you can uninstall that app from your device.

I have deleted literally MULTIPLE THOUSANDS Of UnityAdsCache Pic.s and Vid.s, only for them and more, to reappear! *gaming wise, i mainly play Angry Birds Friends and 'king' games which some Do look like being from the free in-game videos etc. But Also the pics seem to be emoticons and stickers from facebook messenger??? Reaaally need to stop these storing on HTC phones camera pic photos folder!! #HeadIsOfficiallyDoneIN!

1 Like

Hello @unity_rroNqO9gxuT-sQ , thank you for your feedback. Can you check the source folder of the pics? Also, Does the source folder contains a .nomedia file?

I Have exactly the same problem with a brand new Galaxy Note 8. The only game I have on it is SimCity Buildit. Every time I sync my photos from phone to PC, using the Microsoft Photo app, my PC Pictures folders are filled with screen shots from the phone, all of which relate to the game in question. Interestingly I cannot see the images in question on the phone itself (neith in the Google Photos app, or in samsung Gallery). My phone is not rooted, nor do I want to. How to fix the problem is all I need to know. I'm talking about hundreds, possible over a 1000, unwanted images here, so it's a major issue to me.

1 Like

Hello @RJF-Asking .If you see images from other apps it's probably because their local folders are synchronized, i.e. I assume Microsoft Photo app automatically uploads their photos to your library and keeps track of any changes. You can turn off synchronization for specific folders in the Microsoft Photos app.

1 Like

Hello, I don't have any Unity games on my phone, have photo and video ade for Coin pop and some game with the Simon's cat keep popping up in my phone. I checked the info on them and it said they were from the Lolo game app. I even tried turning off the games storage permission but the problem still continues.

1 Like

Hi, i have the same problem on my new oneplus 6. The games i play rightnow are rules of survival,dune and hitman sniper. Pls help me out on this.
Thank you

1 Like

Hello. Can you check the source folder of the pics? Also, Does the source folder contains a .nomedia file?

Can't you just stop caching ads?

Yes they are showing up as a .nomedia file, and they keep showing up on almost all of my gaming apps, all from different companies.

I am having the same problem. The source is from the Airbrush photo app. Deleted several times and it keeps coming back.

1 Like