Hello agian (as always)! I've been thinking about making my background, wich is just a bunch of walls/cubes, to go up but, I also don't want to make a bunch of walls/cubes and I wan't it to seem endless though. So how should I do this?
Use a skybox, it's what it's for.
To create a simple endless-looking background:
- use seamless texture(space background) or gradient scenery (days/dawn/night).
- create 2 planes, apply the seamless or the first 2 textures of your gradient scenery.
- place the planes side-to-side on the desired axis.
- make the planes slides through the screen in the desired direction, or not.
- when a plane is out-of-view, re-instantiate it to the opposite side.
- if using a gradient scenery, change the texture accordingly, or use a timer.
2 planes == neverending background.
You can even stack a few of these sliding-background at various speed and alpha-blending (transparency thingy). I've used it before, I liked it. Maybe that'll save someone some time.