How can i use raycast hit to detect object by the object tag name ?

This is working since i want the raycast send the hit from the mouse cursor position.
The problem is if i have a big door for example and i’m standing a bit far from the door it will detect the door only on specific area on the door. But if i’m getting closer and closer to the door the hitting area is getting bigger.

So it’s logic that if the door is big enough that it will detect the door even from a bigger distance i mean on every place/area that is the door. If the object that have the tag “Interactable” is smaller then the hitting area should be smaller.

In other words i need somehow to find the object area and then to make that it will detect it when it hit on every place of the object.

Maybe i should add every object with tag “Interactable” some collider ?

using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;

public class CameraRaycast : MonoBehaviour
{
    public Camera cam;

void Update()
    {
        Ray ray = cam.ViewportPointToRay(cam.ScreenToViewportPoint(Input.mousePosition));
        RaycastHit hit;
        if (Physics.Raycast(ray, out hit, 1000))
            if (hit.transform.tag == "Interactable")
            {
                print("I'm looking at " + hit.transform.name);
            }
            else
                print("I'm looking at nothing!");
    }
}

That looks fine, you probably need to add a collider to each object, and make sure they have the Interactable tag.

EDIT: you are likely not using the correct transformation space

try looking at:

etc, try them all until you find the correct space you need. It is likely you have used the incorrect method.