How do I activate the educational license of Unity on Linux, for ALL users?

How do I activate the educational license of Unity on Linux, for all users? I can install Unity on all of the Linux machines in my classroom. However, the activation process puts license information into my own ~/.local and ~/.config directories, so other users (students) remain unlicensed and can’t use the software.

Answering my own question in case someone else runs into this issue. I made a directory /usr/local/share/unity3d/Unity on every machine. After activating a machine as described by the instructions, I copied the .ulf file that had been written to the user’s account ~/.local/share/unity3d/Unity into /usr/local/share/unity3d/Unity. I had to do this one machine at a time, so the license files did not overwrite each other.

Additionally, I wrote a script to launch Unity that first makes a copy of the license file back into ~/.local/share/unity3d/Unity from /usr/local/share/unity3d/Unity and then runs the program. This way students could work on any machine in the classroom using their own account.

I attempted to make a symbolic link to the license file instead of a copy, but Unity wants the license to be writable, and I can’t justify having a world-writable license file on my systems. This is my one concern: at some point Unity may want to make a change to a license file and it will only change a copy.