How do I increase the speed of a sphere on collision ,How do I make an object move faster when a force is applied

I’m currently making my third game in unity so I’m pretty beginner still. I’m making a mini golf game and am having trouble making my golf ball move fast enough. I have an animation on the golf club which swings towards the ball when a button is pressed but when it hits the ball it only ever seems to go at the same slow pace. I’ve tried increasing the speed of the animation and decreasing the weight of the ball but nothing seems to make it speed up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers,I’m currently making my third game so I’m quite beginner. It’s essentially a basic mini golf game. I have a golf ball and I’m currently just using a basic cube to apply a force. The animation plays at a good speed and the cube hits the ball away pretty well. However, the ball only ever travels at a really slow speed. I’ve tried making the animation on the cube faster and reducing the mass of the sphere but nothing seems to work. Any help would be massively appreciated. Cheers

void OnCollisionEnter2D(Collision2D col)
{
rb.velocity+=amount;
}