How do I install a package on the Mac?

This is my first time trying to use Unity, so I may be missing something obvious here. I have the Unity hub installed on my computer. I’m trying to install a package I purchased. I’m doing so through Installs. When I select the package, it tells me that it is not a valid package. I’ve also tried projects, but then I can’t even select the package. Is it possible it’s a compatibility problem, that this package won’t work on the Mac? Or am I just doing this wrong? Thanks.

It’s hard to answer this without knowing which package and, of course, you should really go back to the package vendor for support.

Having said that if you bought a package from the Unity Asset Store, you should open up a Unity project (not just the hub) and go to:

Window > Package Manager > Packages: My Packages

Select your new package then, bottom right, click on Download. When that’s done, you will have an Import button to bring it into your current project.

If it’s not from the Unity Asset Store then you go:

Window > Package Manager

Click on the Plus sign top left and click on Add package from disk.

I’m a Mac user and haven’t had any problems loading packages. Packages tend to be C# code, graphics, animations, rigs and the like so not hardware dependent.