How do i let enemy plane shoot continuously ?

I’m working on space shooter game where there is player plane and other enemy planes. what I want to add is that as and when enemy plane came in certain range of player plane the enemy plane should continuously start firing on player plane.

float distance;
distance = Vector3.Distance(target.transform.position, Plane.instance.transform.position);
if(distance < 8.0)
{
 bulletClone = Instantiate(fireBullet, target.transform.position, target.transform.rotation);
 bulletsList.Add(bulletClone);
}

here Im checking the distance between enemy plane & player plane so when enemy comes to certain range it can start firing. but when I do this the bullets are Instantiating at tale (backward direction of plane) and I wanted it come from front how can I do this I don’t know where Im making mistake pls help me Im new to unity.

put your plane and your bullet prefab in the game

place your enemy at 0, 0, 0 for refecence, then put the bullet at your desire location, so lets assume that the bullet would be 1 down from the plane on the Y axis or -1

your instantiate script would be

bulletClone = Instantiate(fireBullet, target.transform.position + new Vector3 (0, -1, 0), target.transform.rotation);

see if that works if not you may be trying to get a little too fancy mine reads

Instantiate(fireBullet, transform.position + new Vector3 (0, -1, 0), quaternion.identity);