How do i make a mirror?

I am making a replica of my house inside unity and as the title sugguests, I need to find out how to make a mirror. I dont have unity pro, I dont want to have to buy an asset and I barely know the basics of scripting. The best i can think of is placing a camera in the mirror and having a texture display what the camera sees on the mirror, but i dont even know how to do that! Anyone care to help me?

Without unity pro → Rendertextures (The thing that is getting the image from a camera and put it into a texture) , you will no be able to have a mirror like you described easily.

There is some trickery that can be done like this

there may bee free packages too out there in the net if you have luck finding them.

With Unity 5.0 personal/pro probes are now viable but still a bit meh in some conceptual ways. to get it to work as a mirror I used this script: var plane : GameObject; var character : GameObject;

var offset : float;

var directionFaced : Direction;

function Update () {

if(directionFaced == Direction.X){

offset = (plane.transform.position.x - character.transform.position.x);

transform.position.x = plane.transform.position.x + offset;

transform.position.y = character.transform.position.y;
         transform.position.z = character.transform.position.z;
     }
     if(directionFaced == Direction.Y){

offset = (plane.transform.position.y - character.transform.position.y);

transform.position.x = character.transform.position.x;
         transform.position.y = plane.transform.position.y + offset;
         transform.position.z = character.transform.position.z;
     }
     if(directionFaced == Direction.Z){

offset = (plane.transform.position.z - character.transform.position.z);

transform.position.x = character.transform.position.x;
         transform.position.y = character.transform.position.y;
         transform.position.z = plane.transform.position.z + offset;
     }
 }

//makes the possible directions 
 public enum Direction{
     X,Y,Z
 }

With the variable “plane” being the mirror surface and the “character” being the player’s camera. There’s a few other things I had to do to make this actually work and I go into step by step detail in the video here.