How do I request a fake list of servers?

I want to make sure my game can handle the case where there are too many game servers to show on one screen. The problem is that I cannot generate more than one game server on my own so PollHostList only returns one server.

This leads to my question, “How do I get a request a fake list of servers?”. My idea has been to try and find the name of a popular game and plug that into my RequestHostList call but that has not worked.

The solution did not involve requesting a list of servers. Instead it required initializing an array of type HostData to a size that would be too big to fit all of its elements on a single screen.

Basically I did the following:

1. HostData hostData = new HostData[100];
  2. Made a method to display buttons for however many HostData elements can fit on the screen.

Note: Do not try and access the members of HostData when you are testing in this way because they are null.

I guess it makes more sense to initialize a full fake list like that:

string myGameType = "SomeGameIdentifier";
HostData[] debugHostList = new HostData[]
{
    new HostData{ gameType=myGameType, gameName="Sample Game 1", connectedPlayers = 2, ip=new string[]{"127.0.0.1"}},
    new HostData{ gameType=myGameType, gameName="Sample Game 2", connectedPlayers = 5, ip=new string[]{"255.255.255.255"}},
    new HostData{ gameType=myGameType, gameName="Sample Game 3", connectedPlayers = 7, ip=new string[]{"0.0.0.0"}},
    new HostData{ gameType=myGameType, gameName="Sample Game 4", connectedPlayers = 1, ip=new string[]{"192.168.1.1","192.168.1.2"}},
};