How do you move object vertices?

Hi, I'm a game designer new to Unity, but have used other 3D game software before. -I wanted to ask how you move the vertices in a brush, or 3D object in Unity, like the basic 3d shapes you can place inside, like a cube.

-I can't find where the vertices can be moved, and it would be rather a dissapointment to know I can't do it, as it's something the most basic engines have.

-Please help me find the area where I can click to select vertices, I just can't find it if there is one.

You don't do that in Unity, you do it in whatever 3D app you're using. Unity isn't a modelling program. The basic 3D shapes are just there for quick prototyping, and aren't something you'd actually use in a game. Technically you could make an editor script for doing vertex manipulation in Unity, but that would be a lot of effort for little gain, when you can just use your 3D app.

To my knowledge, Unity is a Game Engine, not a modeling/3D Application... To do what you want, you can make a model in most any 3D application, and then import it to your game...

If you check here:

http://unity3d.com/unity/features/asset-importing

At the bottom, you can see what is supported...

If you're a student, you can get most of the Autodesk products free, and Blender is free if this isn't plausible...

I think you're getting the two different application types mixed up...