How might i go about making a trail render that destroys people

I have been working on a tron game and the only thing i have left to do is make a trail render collide but i’m not sure how to go about doing that. Iv tried doing particles but i cant get the particles to come out in a wall like fashion. If anyone has any pointers please help thank you.

This is a bit late, but I wrote a script for a trail renderer that detects 2D collisions. You can find it on the Unity wiki: http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php/TrailRendererWith2DCollider.

Take the game object the TrailRenderer is attached to and add a Collider and a Rigidbody. Move the object through physics (AddForce() for example), and check for collisions. If you are using a character controller, you can use OnControllerColliderHit() and have the player object detect the collision.

I smiled at your title too after @nsxdavid pointed it out since “people” can be taken to be real people or game objects.

This is crazy that this thread is still rolling hahaha @pranav_ps95

Here is a link to a video that contains all my project files for when I worked on this a long time ago, if you look at my scripts, you may find what you need