I want to automate android project export via command line. Right now i am doing it manually with following steps:
- step 1. Open project in unity
- step 2. Select 'File -> Build Settings'
- step 3. Tick on checkbox 'export project'
- step 4. click on export button
- step 5. select destination folder and export the project.
I searched on internet and found one similar solution, which seems to be using menu item “Custom → CI → Build Android”.
The process I followed is given link:here
What this does is exports a similar project, but there are some differences.
The project exported by script has many new files in folder unityLibrary/src/main/assets/bin/Data, which are not present in project exported by UI.
Also one file which is present in project exported by UI: unityLibrary/src/main/assets/bin/Data/data.unity3d is missing in project exported by script.
Diff of files in unityLibrary/src/main/assets/bin/Data folder:
I need answers to below questions:
- What is the purpose of these extra files generated by the automated scenario?
- What is the purpose of the file data.unity3d, which is missing in the automated scenario?
- Can we modify the script to generate the same files as generated by manual scenario?