How to combine two 2D gameobjects?

Hi, I’m creating a 2D platformer. The character will be split into a top and bottom section and I need to combine them so that they will move together in harmony.

Good day. First, some lessons on how you should come here to ask…

FAQ :

What are the guidelines for writing good questions?

We want Unity Answers to become a comprehensive database of questions and answers related to Unity. When you ask your questions, it can be helpful to keep a few things in mind:

Don't write things that will be irrelevant in a few days. Writing that "This is urgent!" will probably not get you faster answers, but it may make people frown at your question.

Some reasons for getting a post rejected:

There exists duplicate questions with answers if you were to do a search, either on Answers or on the Forum or on Unity's tutorials

Your question isn't specific enough: asking for a script, asking multiple questions in one post or asking a question that could be either subjective or require extensive discussion

After this, I think you only need to create an empty GameObject (lets call it for example “PlayerContainer”), and have all parts of your player as a child of this new gameobject

If you move, rotatte, scale the PLayerContainer, all its children we also do it.

Bye!

1). Right Click on Hierarchy
2). Create Empty Game Object
3). Right Click the same Empty Game Object
4). Make two more Empty Game Objects
5). Name the top Game Object “Player”
6). Name the others maybe “Head”, “Body”.
7). Add Sprites to them.
8). Adjust the Transforms to the desired transform.

Enjoy the image it is in 3D but works just as well in 2D
115694-screenshot-61.png