how to create an object with the character controller ?

Hi, I'm trying to create a flying ship and have the camera like a third person.

I would like to know if I can use the rigid body to control the character to move ?

when I use the character controller it just falls I need it to stay in the air and move it around.

please help

thank you.

You should use the Character Controller, if it is falling down of the main stand then you need to adjust the Character Controller. Make sure that it is not going under the character, for example if your character was a man you do not want the Character Controller to be under his feet's if it is the player will fall of the surface :)

Have a look at this video i made for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUQrvk55dLU

Hey i think this is what you are looking for, basically the code is same but i have taken out some lines and the object stays in the air rather than falling here is the script that you gave me with work done to it:

var speed =3.0;

var rotateSpeed =3.0;

var gravity = - 20;

function Start(){

animation["Walk"].wrapMode = WrapMode.Loop;

}

function Update () {

var controller : CharacterController = GetComponent(CharacterController);

var forward = transform.TransformDirection(Vector3.forward);

transform.Rotate(0, Input.GetAxis ("Horizontal") * rotateSpeed, 0);

var curSpeed = speed * Input.GetAxis("Vertical");

if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.UpArrow)){

animation.CrossFade("Walk",0.1);

}

else{

animation.Stop("Walk");

}

} @script RequireComponent(CharacterController)

that is the script all you have to do is take the script and added to the ship. But what you have to do is make a animation for the ship, make it in a 3d application that you are ok with all you have to do is to make the ship go forward on one spot and then save it and drag it in to unity. look for the animation from the file you just dragged in and then place it on the player and the ship should start moving :)

Hope it works if it does let me know