how to create cube map using vray?

Greeting people…

Currently im working on an interior scene… im trying to create a cube map for reflections of the objects inside…

i followed the tutorial here…
http://wiki.polycount.com/CubeMap

and the maps that i got are all over exposed…

im not sure how to make them render in proper way… im using gamma 2.2, vrayphysicalcamera, vraysun, and vraysky for my rendering…

is it because the method i followed are never meant for vrayphysicalcamera, vraysun and vraysky?
is there any other way for me to create a proper cube map by using vray???

I have created a free maxscript that might help you with this, details & download link is available on my blog…

You can create cubemaps for reflection and skyboxes with one click… :slight_smile:

MAXScript - Vray Cubemap Generator for Unity

Hi Deetee, you are asking a max question in the wrong place. On “Unity” answers you might not have much luck here in the future.

You are using 2.2 linear workflow with a vray sun, if your renders are over exposed in the render view, you need to change your settings like intensity on the sun and make sure you have exposure on your camera on.

If your renders look fine in the render view port but are overexposed when you look at the saved file, then it is not saving it with the correct gamma settings. after the render is done, in the render view port switch to gamma output to overwrite and change it to 2.2 or 1, see which one works better.

But unless you need to use it, I would not recommend 2.2 linear workflow with Vray sun, because you generally turn off exposure to get the right effect with linear workflow.

Good Luck.