How to debug an android application in monodevelop ?

Dear Unity Support,
I’m unable to debug an android application in monodevelop.
I’ve tryed with “adb usb” and “adb tcpip” via wifi.
the connection with the server is ok and the device displayed on the android device monitor, also the unity created software is visible under the device in the android device monitor with the right pid.
The attach to process window, inside monodevelop, lists only the unity editor process and not the android process.
Our development device is a Nexus10 (we’ve tried Android version 4.1, 4.2, 4.3).
Best Regards
Simone

Hi,

I searched for solution of this problem also.
List of proccesses in MonoDevelop contained only 1 entry (Unity Editor).
To solve this problem go to FireWall settings and change rights for MonoDevelop to “Public” (I’m using Win8.1).
Then you can debug your application using wifi. Your device will be shown in the list.

Check your publishing settings (Unity - Manual: Publishing Builds)
Make sure you enable “Development Build” and then “Script Debugging”.

What this does as i suspect, is add some additional code that spawns up some sort of minimal network communication layer in your game and allows the debugger to communicate with the game on the device.

Because of this, your device must be connected to the same network as the debugging machine is on.

Once you do that, export your APK and install it on the device.

When it starts, you should be able to select the device from MonoDevelop’s dropdown (the same way you select the Unity Editor).

Once you do that, export your APK and install it on the device.

When it starts, you should be able to select the device from MonoDevelop’s dropdown (the same way you select the Unity Editor).
gancxadebebi