How to disable animation.Play? (FPS)

Well, i’m making and FPS, and i’m having trouble with the Aim Down Sights thing, well, i’m my gun script, i have this lines, that play animation and sound when i shoot (press Fire1):

if(Input.GetButton("Fire1")){
 if(ammo > 0){
  if(shootTime > 0.1) {
   ammo--;
   audio.clip = shootSound;
   audio.Play();
   animation.Play("FireAnim1");		       Instantiate(bullet,gunBarrel.position,gunBarrel.rotation);
   shootTime = 0;

(All variables are alright).

But them, i made an Aim Down Sights system based on animations, so I added this lines:

if(Input.GetButtonDown("Fire2")){
		animation.Play("ADSAnim1");
	}

if(Input.GetButtonUp("Fire2")){
		animation.Play("ADSAnim2");
	}

But then, while I hold “Fire2” the gun stays in ADS position (ok till now) but when i shoot (press Fire1) qhile holding “Fire2”, the gun goes to the non-ads position, plays the normal shooting animation, and then stays there, till I stop holding “Fire2” (then it plays “ADSAnim2”, wich is the reverse of the “ADSAnim1”, in other words, the gun goes from the ADS position to the normal position).

Well i tried adding some lines like if(Input.GetButtonDown(“Fire2”)); //Don’t play animation
or something like this but i’m not skilled in JavaScript so idk how to do that.

Please help me and sorry for my english, hope you understood all :smiley:

There are many ways to write the following code. I will try to write it in an “easy to understand” way.

Input.GetButton : Called every frame the player is holding this button down.

Input.GetButtonDown : Called for 1 frame when the player presses this button. It will not retrigger again until the player has released the button and pressed it again.

Input.GetButtonUp : Called for 1 frame when the button is lifted.

An easy way to tell if the player is aiming down the sight or not is to create a boolean.

if the player is aiming down the
sights: aimingDownSights = true;

if the player is not aiming down the
sights: aimingDownSights = false;

var aimingDownSights: boolean = false;

If you truly want the player to have to hold down the right mouse button while aiming down the sights (and not just a toggle) you can use:

if(Input.GetButton("Fire2"){
   aimingDownSights = true;
   //turn on aiming down sight anim
}else{
      if(aimingDownSights){
         aimingDownSights = false;
         //turn off aiming down sight anim
      }
}

I am assuming you already have 2 separate animations for hip fire and aiming down the sight.

if(Input.GetButton("Fire1"){
    if(aimingDownSights){
        // aim down sight fire
    }else{
        //hip fire
    }
 } 

If you do not want to allow automatic firing (the player must click for every shot) use this:

if(Input.GetButtonDown("Fire1"){
   if(aimingDownSights){
       // aim down sight fire
   }else{
       //hip fire
   }
}